Uniforms improve the classroom learning environment by:
- Helping students concentrate on their school work by setting a tone for serious study
- Removing distractions created by socioeconomic differences and modern fashion
- Instilling students with discipline and self-respect
Uniforms build citizenship and a sense of community in our children by:
- Building self-esteem, self-respect, and school spirit among students by creating the distinction of being part of a group
- Maintaining a healthy and positive school image in the community by a clean and neat appearance
- Providing a visible and public symbol of commitment to school improvement and reform
Uniforms create a safe learning environment by:
- Helping school officials recognize intruders who come to the school
- Eliminating the possibility of wearing gang-related or other potentially disruptive clothing.
To see the specific dress code policy, along with pictures and examples, click here.