Legacy Preparatory Academy’s Principles of Parent-School Success
Student Responsibilities- I want to learn, therefore I will:
- Attend school regularly and on time.
- Complete assignments, homework and reading requirements.
- Bring my Learning Plan, homework, docket, and supplies to school each day
- Work to the best of my ability
- Be positive and work cooperatively with classmates, teachers and staff.
- Respect myself, other people, and my school.
- Follow all school rules.
- Accept responsibility for my actions.
Teacher Responsibilities- It is important that my student achieve, therefore I will:
- Hold high expectations for all students and foster their innate curiosity and desire to learn.
- Enthusiastically provide high-quality instruction in a supportive and positive environment.
- Provide meaningful homework that reinforces skills and concepts taught in class and develops good study skills and habits.
- Explicitly teach each student in each setting what behaviors are expected and what behaviors are appropriate.
- Communicate regularly through the school website, Parent-Teacher Conferences, emails, newsletters, progress reports, etc.
- Provide opportunities for parents to assist in the classroom in meaningful ways and to observe classroom activities.