Legacy Preparatory Academy’s Principles of Parent-School Success
Legacy Preparatory Academy’s principles of parent-school success:
- Make certain my child attends school regularly and on time with the benefit of enough rest and a good healthy breakfast.
- Attend Parent-Teacher Conferences, monitor my child’s grades online, and communicate with my child’s teacher to ensure his/her academic success.
- Look through my child’s planner each night, reviewing and signing his/her planner, assisting him/her with organization, and positively discussing his/ her homework
- Provide an environment in the home that enables my child to engage in scholarly pursuits on a daily basis by setting up a specific time in a quiet place with necessary tools and assistance to study and by being an example of a lifelong learner
- Encourage positive attitudes toward school by speaking with good purpose about school.
- Support the school and staff in maintaining proper discipline.
- We encourage you to volunteer in the classroom and/or school activities.
Student Responsibilities- I want to learn, therefore I will:
- Attend school regularly and on time.
- Complete assignments, homework and reading requirements.
- Bring my Learning Plan, homework, docket, and supplies to school each day
- Work to the best of my ability
- Be positive and work cooperatively with classmates, teachers and staff.
- Respect myself, other people, and my school.
- Follow all school rules.
- Accept responsibility for my actions.
Teacher Responsibilities- It is important that my student achieve, therefore I will:
- Hold high expectations for all students and foster their innate curiosity and desire to learn.
- Enthusiastically provide high-quality instruction in a supportive and positive environment.
- Provide meaningful homework that reinforces skills and concepts taught in class and develops good study skills and habits.
- Explicitly teach each student in each setting what behaviors are expected and what behaviors are appropriate.
- Communicate regularly through the school website, Parent-Teacher Conferences, emails, newsletters, progress reports, etc.
- Provide opportunities for parents to assist in the classroom in meaningful ways and to observe classroom activities.
Administrative Responsibilities- I support student achievement, therefore I will:
- Provide an equitable learning environment for all students.
- Invite all parents to share in enriching student education.
- Provide curriculum and instructional training that follows the classical education model.