Kgt-6th Grade Curriculum Map
KDG – 6th Grade Curriculum:
Core Knowledge Sequence - https://www.coreknowledge.org/our-approach/core-knowledge-sequence/
- Legacy Preparatory Academy follows the Core Knowledge Sequence to enhance the required state standards. The Core Knowledge Sequence is a detailed outline of recommended content knowledge and skills to be taught in language arts, history and geography, visual arts, music, mathematics, and science.
Spalding Education - https://www.spaldingeducation.org/ (used primarily in KDG & 1st grade)
- The Spalding Method is explicit, interactive, diagnostic, sequential, multi-sensory, and integrated. Every new skill, procedure, or concept is modeled, explained, and demonstrated. Students are continually engaged in dialogues and activities to ensure that all students participate. The integrated instruction means that the connection between speaking, writing, and reading is constantly taught and reinforced.
Heggerty Phonological Awareness - https://heggerty.org/
- Heggerty Phonemic Awareness Kindergarten lessons are meant to supplement existing literacy curriculum focusing on eight phonemic awareness skills, along with two additional activities to develop letter and sound recognition, and language awareness.
Core Knowledge Language Arts (CKLA) - https://www.coreknowledge.org/curriculum/language-arts/ (2nd-5th grade)
- CKLA is a comprehensive approach for teaching skills in reading, writing, listening, and speaking. CKLA also builds students’ knowledge and vocabulary in literature, history, geography, and science.
Amplify CKLA - https://amplify.com/programs/amplify-core-knowledge-language-arts/ (6th grade)
- Built on the science of reading, Amplify CKLA sequences deep content knowledge with research-based foundational skills. Amplify CKLA inspires curiosity and drives results, empowering all students with rich background knowledge.
- Reading Mastery uses direct instruction to help students develop into fluent, independent, and highly skilled readers.
- REWARDS is a powerful research-based, short-term, and specialized program for students in grades 4-12 to improve reading long, multisyllabic words and comprehending content-area text. With explicit, systemic, teacher-led instruction, this program gives students new skills to unlock grade-level content-area text.
Lexia Core 5 Reading and Lexia Power Up Literacy - https://www.lexialearning.com/
- Students work independently to develop critical reading and language skills through individualized, motivating learning paths. All students, regardless of their skill level, can each work at their own pace. Lexia programs are research-proven to improve learning outcomes and are evaluated using rigorous scientific methods.
Math in Focus - https://www.hmhco.com/programs/math-in-focus (KDG-5th grade)
- Legacy Preparatory Academy has chosen this curriculum to leverage global best practices and research to create a unique approach based on powerful visual models, engaging hands-on activities, and a consistent pedagogical approach, this empowers students to develop the critical-thinking skills, positive attitudes, and confidence needed to set the stage for achievement.
College Preparatory Mathematics (CPM) - https://cpm.org/ (6th-9th grade)
- CPM teaching strategies focus on how students best learn and retain mathematics. Teaching strategies rely on the recommendations of the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics, and are based solidly on the methodological research in teaching mathematics. Informed by research CPM utilizes problem-based, student-centered curriculum embedding the mathematical practices within lessons focused on big ideas and mathematical connections.
ST Math - https://www.stmath.com/
- ST Math is a visual instructional program that leverages the brain’s innate spatial-temporal reasoning ability to solve mathematical problems. ST Math’s unique, patented approach
Core Knowledge Science (CKSci) - https://www.coreknowledge.org/curriculum/science/
- CKSci is a comprehensive program for elementary science that helps students to build knowledge cumulatively and coherently, develop scientific practices, and connect scientific learning to concepts across various disciplines, such as mathematics and literacy.
- provides students with equitable access to learning through challenging puzzles, non-routine problem solving, and informative feedback. With ST Math students build deep conceptual understanding.
Meet the Masters - https://meetthemasters.com/
- Meet the Masters engages students as they learn about the fascinating lives and famous works of the Master Artists.
Core Knowledge Sequence; Arts & Music - https://www.coreknowledge.org/curriculum/visual-arts/
- Fine arts are an essential part of the knowledge all children should learn in the early grades. Through attaining a basic knowledge of the arts, children are not only better prepared to understand and appreciate works of art, but also to communicate their ideas, feelings, and judgements to others. A good understanding of the arts grows out of at least three modes of knowledge: creative, historical, and analytical. Early study of the arts should embrace all three modes with special emphasis on creativity and active participation.
The 95% Group - https://www.95percentgroup.com/Wilson Reading, Just Words, & Fundations - https://www.wilsonlanguage.com/programs/fundations